"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Monday, April 4, 2011

More Roses and Cards

This weekend the weather cooled down and it was perfect for Hubby to de-thatch the front lawn. Today, the weather is back to normal like temps.

It seems that each day more color is being added to the rose area. I hope once the zinnias are planted in between the roses and the patio roses start to bloom it will look a lot fuller. Also, the veggie too. The seedling that I sowed on March 30th are starting to sprout.

Here is what I picked this morning. Yellow Gina Lollobrigida (hybrid tea), pink and white Princess de Monaco (hybrid tea) and one red Ronald Reagan (hybrid tea).


A pretty bouquet of color.

Also for the past couple of weeks I have been making a few cards for Grads, Dads and birthdays.I used the following to make these cards: 12 x 12 tags sheet from graphic 45 Transatlantique paper collection, Tim Holtz alteration texture fades folder called patchwork, movers & shapers die called Styled labels, Adirondack acrylic paint dabbers in pitch black and expresso. Also some brads from Making Memories.


The decorative papers came from my scrap box.
Here is a birthday easel card.
I embossed the bird and bird cage using an embossing folder from Cuttlebug called, textile and painted the cage using Adirondack dabber in snow cap and inked lightly with brown ink. Happy birthday was type on the computer using one of the Mac fonts.
Double sided paper from Fiskars called, Old fashioned flowers/ rose garden by Kimberly Poloson 2008. Inked the edges used dabber paints in pitch black and expresso. Love using the Dabber paints when I can.
Chipboard shapes from Mary Engelbreit, brown leaf trim (I cut leaves from the trim and glued behind the flowers), Recollections half back pearls for the birds eye, two flower punches.
I picked up at Dick Blick art store in Pasadena these neat adhesive easels. They come in larger sizes but these were a perfect size for the mini chipboards. I used for the back of the chipboard Adirondack acrylic paint dabber in pitch black and embossed using a beautiful stamp image from Magenta. I like the way it came out and a little different from the one I made for my Daughter, here.
I need to put aside for a bit the paper crafting and start on a sewing project and also gather my photos and supplies for National Scrapbook Day with Creative Memories.
Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Julie said...

gorgeous!!! you have the magic touch on everything!!!

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Love your roses, they seem so healthy. Your cards for the males are fantastic, it is so hard to get nice cards for them without being to restricted by there age.
One question, what sort of glue do you use in your scrapbooking?
Happy days to you and your family.
Bev.xoxo