"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Pope John Paul II - Rose and Around The Yard

The beautiful Pope John Paul II hybrid tea rose by Jackson and Perkins. This amazing rose was planted into our rose area last year.

I took my butterfly ornament from one of my containers to see how it would look in the bouquet.
Now they are in the house so I can enjoy their beauty. The blooms so far measure 5 1/2 inches width.
They have a light citrus fragrance to them.
This is one amazing rose and a must have if you are looking for a white rose.

Here is the bush and I did leave a few. Right behide is the gorgeous Gina Lollobrigida.
Hubby and Opie doing some yard work. Thursday and Friday we had record temperatures and I really enjoyed it. For Californians we received some great news that our four year drought is over. Now I can enjoy the hot summer weather and I do not have to feel guilty that I have a garden.
I did a little repotting of the geraniums and giving them some new soil. Here is a photo of my Vancouver Centennial (maple leave) geranium. I also took a small cutting and hope to grow another one.
I also did a good trimming of the variegated geranium. I hope I did not trim too much.
This geranium gets cut back in the winter and I enjoy growing my geraniums in containers. It's easier to keep them in control.

Here is the bare raised bed. There are a few herbs there: thyme, oregano and marjoram. Also, is a new jalapeno plant that I bought at the nursery center.
I also bought a six pack of green bell peppers and one Hungarian wax pepper. The wax pepper I planted in a container and the bell peppers will be planted in the ground.
I finally transferred my lettuce to larger containers. Hope they do well. I was a bit lazy and sowed the seeds late. I planted them in containers so I can move them around in the patio area.
I also did more sowing of seed of Japanese long purple eggplant, table king bush acorn squash, zinnias (California Giants and Art Deco) and marigold (French favourite).
The cucumber and squash seedling are starting to sprout.
You can see the tomato and basil are look a bit larger. Once they out grow these containers I will transfer them to the next larger size and then plant them in the ground. I use peat pots but I need to be careful not to leave them out in the direct sun and keep them moist. They got a great start by using the garden shed as a green house.
Have a wonderful day and hope soon to have more garden photos to show you. It is just the beginning and so far we are off to a good start.

Bye for now.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Your roses are beautiful and I adore your little Corgi! I wanted to put my nose to the screen to get a whiff of Pope Jaun Paul II...gorgeous!