"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Roses, A Simple Sewing Project and The Birthday Boy

Here is a bouquet of peach (they call it in the book golden amber) Sunset Celebration a hybrid tea and yellow Gina Lollobrigida also a hybrid tea. On Friday I did a sewing project that I have been wanting to do for a while. A cover for a shelf that I have in the kitchen that holds my blender, food processor and dutch ovens.
It was nice to sit at my sewing machine and I hope to do a few more sewing projects this year.

I used the left over fabric from the quilt top and cut the flowers and butterflies out using my die cut machine.
I used Steam a Seam double stick fusible web. I got the idea from a dish cloth Ms. "L" gave to me for my birthday a couple of years ago. I have never used it as a dish cloth (because it's too cute) but used it as a cover for my shelf. It was not long enough but it did add some decoration to the shelf.
I need to try and make some applique dish cloths.
This shelf has been used in many rooms of the house and now it is in the kitchen being put to good use. Now the next thing I want to do in the kitchen is paint and make new curtains.
The supplies that I used for the cover. The left over fabric and flower dies I think I will make an apron or two. My other aprons are a bit shabby.

On Saturday we took Opie for a ride into Pasadena for a nice long walk and a trip to the dog bakery for a cupcake. We also stopped by the Paper Source store and I bought another sheet of hand made paper to go with the other papers that Hubby and my Daughter bought for me.
I also picked up some envelopes that they had on clearance. They would make cute pocket mini books.





On the ride back home Hubby decided to stop by the dog park for a while.
He had a fun filled birthday.
A very tired boy.
Thanks for the visit and hope everyone has a wonderful week.

4 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie-Lynn,

Your roses in the photo match so perfectly the wall hangings on the wall in the next photo.
Isn't it great to have furniture that can be moved from room to room. I still can't believe it is one year since you got Opie.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Rosy Inspiration said...

Your roses are so beautiful. I sure like the shelf cover that you made. Your Opie is one lucky dog.

Julie said...

Bobby Lynn...Opie is such a cute boy!!! He looks like he had such a happy, fun day!!!

Your little skirt for the shelves is really sweet! Great job! So girlie and perfect for the tea set!

HolyScrap said...

Those roses are gorgeous !!! Your puppy is adorable, good job on that shelf cover, so chic.
TFS!!
;0)
Norma