"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Bit of This and That and New-Be Roses 3 and 4



Here is a card that I made using the scraps that were left over from the mini album I made using Punch Studio note cards.

This is the back of the note card and I used a die cut label to cover "Punch Studio" logo. I love the script writing on the back of these note cards.
Here is a simple apron I made using the left over fabric, yo-yo's and rick rack. I like the way it came out.
From some left over fabric I made another cover for the microwave. This gives me some ideas when I go to buy and make curtains for the kitchen.
I used rick rack for the leaves.

Here are a couple of pages from the mini that I am working on. I made flowers from paper punches, Martha Stewart butterfly punch and half back pearls. I'm trying to make all the embellishments by use the paper from the Ciao Bella paper stack from DCWV.
Using vellum quotes, hydrangea punch from Martha Stewart and half back pearls.
I made a gift bag using a paper bag and supplies that I have in my stash. I got the idea from a creative Youtube called ChicnScratch's Channel. She has great projects and gives a lot of neat ideas so hop on over to her channel and see if you can find a project that you may want to try. She has some sewing projects too.
You just cover the front and back of the paper bag.

IN THE GARDEN:

New-be roses 3 and 4 have bloomed and what a surprise too.

This is an amazing lavender colored rose. I do not think the photo captures the color but it is a pretty rose.

And this beautiful yellow rose edged in an orangey-red color. The bush has a lot of buds and hope the get a nice photo of it.

The weather here is nice and very warm and plenty going on in the garden. We added some gorilla hair mulch to the rose area and need to buy more for the veggie and beds around the house. It makes a world of difference.

Now I need to figure out where the rest of the veggie will go.

I have also found fabric for the back of my quilt and set a goal for myself to have it finished in a couple of weeks. I also hope to get backing into some sewing. I have plenty of patterns that I want do do.

I need to get busy don't I. : )

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Seems you stay busy ALL THE TIME!!!!! Good luck with the sewing. Your roses are beautiful, and I love the one card with the Proverb on it...gorgeous!!!
xoxo- Julie

Julie said...

Happy Mothers Day to you tomorrow, Bobbie Lynn!!! Check out this cute little thing I just found:

Opening up a can of roses!