"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Friday, May 13, 2011

Dream Big Mini Made From Ciao Bella Paper Stack

I used DCWVs paper stack called Ciao Bella. The papers are very pretty but they have large images and bold colors that I'm not use to using but I decided to just cut into the papers and see what I could come up with. The front and back covers are 6-3/4" squares and inked with espresso dabber paint. I was trying to make this book using a different binding system but it was not working out for me. The inside pages are 6 x 6 scallop squares and other shapes that I trimmed smaller. The silver brads covered a mistake. I punched the holes on the wrong side, OPPS.

The Dream Big is cut from the die cuts sheet images from the paper stack. I also used vellum quotes from Best Occasions, Jo-anns $1.00 bin and some of my favorite bible scriptures.
Here are some of the papers from the stack and you can see what pretty papers but very large images.


So here are my completed pages.
On the left side to cover up the prongs from the brads I used a couple of my handmade flowers. I did a lot of fussy cutting too.
I used my die cuts also. I inked the chipboards in white ink then lightly edged them using Tim Holtz distress ink in walnut stain.

This book will be going to my Daughter. She will be leaving home soon and I wanted to make her a book with some good words of wisdom.





I have been using a lot of my cereal boxes to make tags and embellishments on my layouts and cards. The boxes are a nice light chipboard and it gives a nice support to the decorative papers and it helps to support the tags when I use some heavy embellishments, gluing on some charms.

I love using my Spellbinder dies to make all my tags. I hope to buying some new shapes soon.
I will cover the printed side with paper or this will be the back side where I will add adhesive.

Here are the inks that I use to edge around the shape.

I will paint the blank side of the cereal box and let it dry. On a couple of these I ran them through my Big Shot machine using some embossing folders.


this can be added to a card or this can be using as a tag. I used crackle accent on the flower.
Now I need to clean up my sewing table and start back on my quilt. I did find some nice fabric for the back. I think this is the hard part of quilting for me, sandwiching the quilt, pinning it together and quilting it. I hope by my next post that I will have started the quilting together part.
Thanks for your visit and have a great day.

1 comment:

Julie said...

You have sure caught my attention, making tags from cereal boxes!!! They are gorgeous! Now I guess I just have to buy the cutting machine. I love to recycle!!! Thanks for showing how beautiful it can be!!!