"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mini Hot Pink Rose

Here is my little hot pink mini rose that I have in a container. I purchased this rose back in 2008 from Trader Joe's and it was a very tiny rose in a container that was 4" tall and was repotted a few days in a bit larger container, about 10". Last December it was once again repotted into a nice large terra-cotta container, 19" tall.
Photos taken in April.

A beautiful bright pink.
Photo taken in late April.


Just a few days ago. A nice showing of blooms.
A better angle to show you the size of the container. Yes, that is Opie.
The weather here has been May grey and some nice rain. The summer vegetables are having a slow growing but hope that will change once we get through this cooler weather. We may see more rain for this weekend too. Hubby is doing some home improvements in our bathroom. This will be his first tile work and he is doing pretty good so far. He hopes to finish by next weekend and then we can start to paint. I have a couple of colors that I'm looking at but I can not wait to have the bathroom finished.
Have a wonderful day and thank you for your visit.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Your hot pink mini is so pretty...what a great bloomer!!!!!

Anonymous said...

My husband just got me one and it is in a pot that says 2.03oz. Has 3 bloomed roses and one bud. The soil seems very compacted was wondering if I should put it in a bigger pot?