"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sunset Celebration Rose

This is a hybrid tea rose. In the garden center catalogue they describe the color as a delightful blend of apricot, gold, amber, cream and peach, it is true. Here are some photos of it.



The flower opens up to a beautiful large bloom. I have not had any problems with the bush and is has grown some nice new stocks this year. This is one of my favorites in my yard.





The garden has been keeping me busy but I have done a few paper projects. Here are some flowers that I made from some scraps using a few flowers punches, espresso dabber to ink the flower edges and some halfback pearls.
I also finished making some tags for my Sister. She gave me two sets of these beautiful Punch Studio note cards and one set I made her a mini and this set made her some tags. I really like the way they came out.
I used my Spellbinders dies to cut out the shapes then I either added some Stickles or crackle accents, both by Ranger. I inked around also using Adirondack acrylic paint dabber in espresso (a Ranger product too.)

I thought about buying some of these note cards myself but then I thought about all the paper I have and so this is what I came up with.
To give this paper support I cut out the shapes using cereal boxes. Here I inked around using acrylic paint dabber in snow cap and added some stickles in crystal here and there. I think this might be next years Mother's Day project.


The back of the tag


Here is a bouquet that I pick this morning and it is the largest bouquet that I have picked so far. I am so happy with my rose garden.


Thanks for the visit and have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Your bouquests are so beautiful! As soon as my Cosmos are all blooming (any day now), I am going to pick a bunch of different flowers and make a bouquet and post it...such fun! Maybe this weekend!

Love your pretty tags. I was interested in seeing the back of the tags you made with cereal box...they are beautiful on both sides!!! You sure have a gift for making beautiful things!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa Murray said...

your 'sunset celebration' photos are absolutely gorgeous. i'm jealous, because i can't grow them in my zone! keep growing & enjoy! :)