"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Friday, June 3, 2011

Ciao Bella Cards

I know it has been a while since I last did a posting, but it has been busy around here and I really do not want to do a rush job on my blog. Just a quick update on the garden and hope to get some photos posted. The roses are doing great and the veggies are getting a slow start. The bathroom floor is in and Hubby did a great job. Now we need to pick a color and start to paint.

I have been crafting and using up the rest of the paper from the Ciao Bella paper stack from DCWV. I had fun doing these cards and they will be for my Daughter. She will be busy and will not have time to do her own. I had 15 sheets of paper left over from the mini that I did using this collection and I did not want to put it away back in my stash. I wanted to use it up and so this is what I came up with.

There is a lot going on in these cards. The papers are very busy so I needed to be careful not to go over on the embellishing. I used on all the cards craft card stock as the base, ink the edges of the papers with espresso paint. The decorative papers are all from the Ciao Bella Stack.

This first card is a 5 x 5 card. I used Spellbinders nestabilities petite scalloped ovals large set, dollar stamps from Jo-Anns on the corners of the card (using Versafine black ink), the "wonderful you" is a die cut label in from the stack and punched out butterflies using a Martha Stewart Punch.
A post card card, postage butterfly stamp is a $1.00 stamp from Jo-anns, "happy birthday" is from a Stampendous clear set called happy messages that I got on clearance for $2.49 at Michael's a couple of weeks ago. The carle postale and postal circle images are form my new stamp set my Pink paislee called Butterfly Garden. I have waited a long time for this set and had it on back order for a few months. It was worth the wait. I hand drew the lines and "to". The flower was hand made using the hydrangea punch by Martha Stewart.
I like the way this card came out. I cut out the bird from one of the papers, crown is from Tim Holtz die called hearts wings. I painted the crown in gold acrylic paint then after it dried I used the espresso dabber on the edges. Hydrangea punch and used gold paint on them and a Sizzix sizzlits die called branch with leaves.
For this card I just stamp the butterfly three times with out re-inking and sentiment in Versafine ink. The stamp is another $1.00 stamp from Jo-Anns.
The oval is a Spellbinders nestabilities Petite ovales large. This goes perfect with the scalloped. Martha Steward butterfly punch. That is all was used.
I ran the craft card stock through an embossing folder from Sizzix called Flower Vine and Twizzle set. Martha Stewart butterfly punch, labels eighteen from Spellbinders, "make a wish" stamp, I think it is a TSP Studio. The green rectangle I stamp an floral image from the With Sympathy clear stamp set from Hero Arts.
Used the negative part of the die as a frame. Butterfly stamps from Hero Arts set called Antique Engraving. The sentiment is from TSP Studio birthday set. I added Stickles in diamond on the white foliage on the paper.
Hand made flowers from punches, stamp is from stampendous called Bird Frame cling. The sentiment is a $1.00 stamp I stamp the bird frame image on a separate pice of paper then ran it through an embossing folder.
Banner die is from My Favorite Things, butterfly punch, label eight die and added the just for you sentiment stamp from Stampendous. I cut out the rose from the paper collection and added stickles to it. I also stamped a lace image on the left side of the card. It needed something on that side and it went perfect.
The background decorative paper I used one of the floral stamps from the Butterfly Garden stamp set. Used die label eight, stamp butterfly and hummingbird for Hero Arts antique engraving set and happy birthday from Stampendous. I added Stickles in diamond on the flower.
Label eight to cut out the image. Thank you stamp is from Inkadinkado. I embossed the background paper and stamp image on the corners.
Cut out the flowers and used different colors of Stickles. Sizzix frame and ran it through an embossing folder. Hand made flower and sentiment from TSP Studio.
Used the negative portion of the scalloped die cut as a frame. The stamped images are from the Butterfly Garden stamp set from Pinkpaislee. I stamp the punched butterflies with one of the images.
Stamped images on the right side are from the Butterfly Garden set. Used the scalloped die and the butterfly image on the die is part of the paper. Hand made flower and the sentiment is from TSP Studio happy birthday cling set.
All I added here is a stamp sentiment, die cut heart from Tim Holtz die called hearts wings and punched out butterfly. You can see that the papers were amazing.
I still had let over paper so did a simple book with the left overs. I'm not done with it so I will go into more detail when I'm finished. It was good to use up all the papers.
I just added journaling lines and stamp images.

I used envelops from the Paper Source.

Well, now I need to make some envelopes for these cards but that will not be hard. For this weekend I will be trying out my new pizza stone, feeding the roses and veggies, looking over some paint colors and some serious clean up on the craft/sewing table.
I hope this inspired you. Thanks for the visit and I hope on my next post I will have some garden photos.
Bye for now and have a great day.

1 comment:

Julie said...

These are so beautiful...you just have the skill to create such amazing works of art!!! They always turn out so perfectly! I love them all...impossible to pick a favorite!!!