"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Ciao Bella Mini Journal and Altered Composition Book

First, here is the last card that I made from the Ciao Bella collection that was left out of my last craft post.




Here are some photos of the journal book that I made for my Daughter. The cover I used is a different paper from K&Company but the rest of the papers were from DCWV's Ciao Bella paper stack. I used medium weight chipboard and cut it down to size. The wave edge of the book I used Tim Holtz edged die cut called, Brackets. They work fantastic and really like to buy a few more. The stamp images are from Jo-anns dollar bin. These are the latest ones they have and I just love them. They stamp really nice and the ink I used is Versafine, black onyx. I edged the covers in espresso dabber ink. The binding is just twine.

The paper in this stack was one sided so I just used one sheet as a simple photo mate and on the back she can journal or add more photos. The edge of the paper I used the edge die and added some stamping.


For the pocket pages I used the envelopes that I purchased a while ago from the Paper Source store, called Pocket Folder Enclosures.
A few tags for journaling or photos.
The stamps here are another dollar stamp set.
Handmade flower using a small flower punch that when together perfect with the Spellbinders shapeabilities called sun flower set two. One of the flowers on the Tim Holtz die goes perfect with this die set.


I used some of the die images from the paper collection as tags or pockets.



I also hand drew journal lines. When doing this remember to use archival ink pens that are also waterproof so any kind of ink pens can be used.





I hope she will like this and use it for her new journey in life.


I also did an altered book using a simple composition book. I was going to buy another book for my writing that I do during my bible reading or other inspirational quotes that I read through magazines or other books. The book that I am using is also most finished so this project will be mine. : )
I got the idea viewing a couple of videos on Youtube called tangiebaxter's She has three but fun to watch and so I decided that I would give a try. The papers I used were from K&company's floral dreams. The die cuts I used were Tim Holtz bird and birdcage die, small flower punch, Sizzix sizzlits branch with leaves, and ribbon. The paper on the binding I used an EK Success border punch.Here is the plain cover.
This is what I used to adhere to paper to the cover and die cut images. I also applied a coat over the front and back covers to protect them. This is a great medium to work with and it sell for around $6.50.
side view.
I used glimmer mist on the pages in olive vine and sea glass on the white pages. I just let the pages dry on their own.
swiped some left over paint that I used on the inside covers.
messy but fun.
The back of the book I added this label to add my name and date.
So now is ready for me to use. This would make a great Girl Scout project or classroom project. I have another one that I made a while ago that I use to write the finished projects and who I gave them too, here and here.
I will do a post on some Opie photo layouts that I did at National Scrapbook Day a few weeks ago. Thanks for visit and have a wonderful day.


3 comments:

Julie said...

I like how you use your composition books for writing down inspirational stuff. I am seriously wanting to go through my Bible (and read it for the third time now) and use highlighter to mark the good stuff. I have wanted to do that again since my college days at a Baptist College...those were the days!
On a side note:
One of the bloggers had a tattoo done on the top of her foot with Psalm 119:105 written out on it. I think it is brilliant, and even though I am 54 years old I keep thinking about having it done!

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie-Lynn,

You continue to amaze me. Just beautiful. Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

HolyScrap said...

Arn't those "junque journals" addictive?? I love making them, I'm deffinitly on the grungy/messy look, TeeHee. Yours is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. God Bless.
;0)
Norma