"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Monday, June 13, 2011

Ronald Reagan Hybrid Tea


I was not sure what I was going to blog about first. Over the past week and weekend I have taken a lot of photos of the garden and I was not sure what I was going to start off with first.

I do not think I have talk about the Ronald Reagan rose. It is a hybrid tea rose. I have posted several photos of the rose to show you the different stages of its blooming. It is a hard rose to photo because of its deep color but I hope you can see the white on the reverse side of its petals.


We had a little rain.
This is the first year that the rose bush has several buds at one time. I would usually get a couple at a time. The stems are not thorny near the bud and they have a nice long stem.

Right behind it is a pink mini and the Marco Polo.

Here you can see the white on the petals.


A few other roses for you.

The lovely Princess de Monaco.
The Yves Piaget.
The buds that I blog on my last post did open up beautifully.
Just gorgeous. : )


Another gorgeous rose is the Gina Lollobrigida.
The bud stage.
The bees love this rose.
fully opened.
Here you can see the green center.
Sunset Celebration.
Starting to bloom are the marigolds.
this is a tomato vine that came up on it's own and has starting produce some tiny tomatoes.

Bell peppers
and the jalapenos are starting to flower.






The hungarian peppers are dong nicely in the container. I also used a few of these as a topping on our pizza.
The weather has been very nice but we are having below average temperatures. The weather people are saying if we continue this trend of weather into the first of July (which is still a few weeks away) we may have another "Bummer Summer". Meaning a mild summer and that is what happened last year and the summer veggies did not do as well. So we will see what happens in the next few weeks. All I have to say, that the roses have never looked better. : )

I hope to post in a few days some photos of the scrap journal.
Have a great day! : )

1 comment:

Julie said...

Your roses are just so pretty!!! I was finding myself admiring that gorgeous Kelvin...he was so handsome!!! Love seeing him in the Cosmos! I'm glad you have kept some pics of him up on your blog! How is little cutie Opie doing???

Looking forward to your scrap journal!

Love that succulent (?) in the black pot on lower left of the pic of your jalapenos! I think I used to have a small one, but it died.