"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Roses and A Completed Quilt

Just wanted to pop in and say hello and to thank you for leaving me some lovely comments on my last post.
Have been busy getting my Girl ready for her big move and this will be hard for me. We are very close but this is part of life, right? I'm so proud of her and the next four years will be an amazing journey for her. She will be attending Veterinary School this Fall. This is what she wanted to be as a little girl.
Also, busy in the garden. Here are some photo of the Princess de Monaco.
I had to get on my tippy toes to get this shot. The stock on this rose bush towers over me. Amazing indeed.
I put away my card making for a while and needed to finish up a few things and get re-orgainze. My Daughter bought for me and Hubby a book that is filled with questions about us growing up, now and the future. Before she left I wanted to give this to her and added a few photos.
The book was purchased she said from The Paper Source.
I also finished my quilt. : )
I need to work on getting better photos of my quilts.
I love the fabrics and it is a tribute to my rose garden. The quilt measures 60 1/2 x 54.
I also added some photos and some scraps from the quilt to my project journal.
I will add the date when I posted it to my blog.
Here is my project journal and I have shown this before.
I have been using it for a while and this card was one of the Christmas Cards that my Daughter and I did back in 2007. I also add the list of family and friends that received them too. It also includes what we did during the holidays and I can refer back to the book when I go and do my photo layouts.
Who received my quilted hearts and the date. Gives you some ideas to document your hobbies.
I hope to be back soon to show you more of the garden and I have started to think about starting a Fall/Spring garden. I also have stared to think about next years garden album/journal. For this years garden album I have stared to print out some of the photos (had to stop, ran out of ink).
Some photos of the beautiful Gina Lollobrigida, hybrid tea bush.
This is what it looks like when the flower is fully opened.

Thank you for your visit and I wish you a beautiful and wonderful day.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh gosh...your daughter moving out...a huge deal...sad, yet so exciting and happy for her. I am so glad she is seeing her dream come true to be a vet!!! Awesome!!!
Your project journal is really neat!! The quilt is spectacular!!!!! Love the colors...and a nice rosy look!!!

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie-Lynn,

Best wishes to Danielle on her big move and to Mum and Dad who are left at home!!!
Love your quilt, so pretty and so you. Roses are beautiful, I love the Princess. Very elegant rose.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo