"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Garden #2

GOOD MORNING : )

Hubby and I did a lot of work in the yard over the weekend and it was nice to get out in the cool morning air . The weather here is hot but the humidity has pasted and hope it never comes back anytime soon. The photo here at the top shows a couple of the straightneck squash, Hungarian pepper, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapenos peppers and some roses.
A few photos of the cosmos "brights".

The seeds are neat.
Another photo of the caged straightneck squash. So far so good. The gauge the cage is made out of is not the heavy gauge. The cage that we have the Roma tomatoes have a stronger and taller cage. If this works out, this maybe the way we plant out squashes.
I have six Roma plants here and now they just look like one big bush.
There are a lot of tomatoes on each plant and I can't wait for them to ripen. I have a lot of plans for them.
I like the way the morning dew outlined the cucumber leaves.
The cucumbers now have trellis. I hope this will be enough room for them. One of the plants have a flower on it.

What Hubby used is a concrete mesh and bent it in half. Last year we attached garden twine using two poles and the cucumber did pretty good, so I think this is plenty strong for them.
Well, now the waiting begins. I know the garden has just started but I'm already thinking of what I may plant for a fall garden. I need to get out my garden books and see when I can start.
Thanks for your visit and have a great week.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Those roma tomatoes are amazing!!! The squash too! How tall are the squash bushes??? They look huge!!!

Those dew drops along the leaf edge are so pretty!!! I, too, am dreaming of the next thing I can plant!!!

Bev C said...

I have serious cucumber envy. Love how you have the squash growing,the bugs won't be able to get to them so much. Enjoy all those fresh veg.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo