"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Friday, September 2, 2011

Fall Birthday Cards

A couple of fall birthday cards that I made using double sided Pinkpaislee's pattern paper called Sweetness - Picture Perfect. Love the rose design.

This first card was not what I had in mind.

I used the Tim Holtz distressing tool around the edge of the decorative paper and inked the edges. I used the gold leaf pen around the base of the card(used kraft card stock) and on the edge of one of the labels. The flower came from my Daughters embellishment stash, Hero Arts paper flowers and a half back pearl for the center. The brown ribbon was in my ribbon box. Stamp is from TPC Studio Birthday cling set purchased at Jo-Ann's
This was going to be layered and used as the front of the card but it did not look good at all.
I used stickles and on the dots I used some glossy accents. Maybe I went a bit overboard on the shimmer.
I kept cutting the paper down and I thought before I really mess it up, I would make it into a tag. I looked through my box of die cuts to see what would work. I have a box of all my die shapes to use as templates on my photo and card layouts.
I thought I should frame the roses instead.
Using the Spellbinders scalloped die set to cut out a frame.
I first cut another portion of the decorative paper down to a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" to fit an A2 size card. Made sure to center the scalloped die. You can use some low tack tape to hold it in place.
The other side of the paper. I can use the scalloped die cut for a later use.


I use Adirondack acrylic paint dabber along the edges.
Used my computer to type out the sentiment and did come free hand cutting to get a banner shape. Inked the banner with some brown ink.

The left over paper from the 12 x 12. Another card I hope to show you soon.

Have a great weekend. It is a long weekend of us here in the States. We are celebrating Labor Day and it looks like some great weather too. : )

1 comment:

Bev C said...

Enjoy your long weekend. You card actually reminds me of a tin which chocolates or biscuits came in.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo