"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Getting Ready for Fall

Over the long weekend Hubby and I did a lot of yard work and getting ready for some fall sowing. Here is a photo of the leaves changing on our miniature maple tree.

I did some Fall decorating around the house.

Pope John Paul II roses.
Getting my seeds ready.
This will be the first time that I will attempt to sow some brussels sprout seeds. I start them next month.
Getting my fall and winter reading ready.
A couple of my favorite decorations.
My Daughter made this beautiful paper flower wreath for me for my birthday last year. This was a kit purchased from the Paper Source store.
I have been doing some hand embroidery also. After I finished with it I decided to make another cover for the kitchen shelf.
The design came from Aunt Martha's hot iron transfers that I purchased for $1.49 at Jo-ann's.
The double lace that I used for the cover.
I love the saying. "Home is where I want to Bee!".

Hope you had a nice weekend too. Thanks for the visit and have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I LOVE YOUR embroidered table cloth!!! You are killin me with all your talents. I love to embroider, but never take the time to sit and be still. Love that double row of lace also! Glad you have your seeds ready!!!

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

A beautiful post, love the packets of seeds and your cloth is beautiful, lovely stitching.
Happy Autumn to you.
Bev.xoxo

Bits of Stitching! said...

Lovely hand embroidered shelf cloth!!! Enjoy it!!!
I too have that pattern (among many others) but haven't stitched it yet.