"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Bit of This And That

Some photos of what is going on in my little world.
The weather has finally cooled down and it feels a bit more like fall. The photo of the "Sunsprite"patio tree rose was taken on a nice foggy day. Perfect weather to take photos.
The roses in my garden are still blooming and giving off some amazing growth. I have started this week to sow more seeds of snap peas and brussels sprouts. The other brussels sprout seeds have already sprouted, very excited about them.
The photo of this adorable Corgi is Opie's Momma, Decker. Last weekend we drove to see her and other dogs and a local dog rally. So my little boy Opie really gets his looks for his Mother.
A photo of a simple layout. At the scrapbooking crop I was able to get 15 layout down and I now I need to do the finishing touches to the layouts, journaling and embellishments, if needed. The photos on this layout were from National Scrapbook Day back in April of this year. The paper flowers on this page were the ones that I won in one of their many drawings they had. I used my scalloped die set along with some of my stamps. The "friends" sentiment is really two set of stamps. I used one stamp that stamped out "friend"and from an alphabet set I found a "S" that went perfect. I need to be more creative using my stamps by mixing and matching a single stamp or stamp sets. I also used a leaf punch and some green scraps of paper from my scrap box.
Another plant that self sows in my yard are the Morning Glories. We just let them grown along the porch railing. The sign is an old one that was given to use as a house warming gift many years ago.
A photo of the pretty and bright flowered marigolds. I had to do some serious trimming. The rain we had a couple of weeks ago did some damage to the bush.

I hope everyone is doing well. I like to hear what is going on in your garden or any projects that you may be working on.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Opie's Mom looks like she is definately his Momma!!! Amazing! They look like twins!!!

Beautiful red and white striped roses!!! They are spectacular!!!

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

You grow Brussel Sprouts,my husband loves that vegie. That rose is stunning,I do love roses that have a bit of a twist to them.
Planning to do some planting this weekend.
Happy days.
bev.xoxo

Sal said...

Your Rose is lovely! It's bulb planting time in my garden
as the last blooms of summer disappear! Hope all is well with you ;-)