"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Christmas Card & Tags and Some Roses


For the past couple of weeks I have been playing with some pretty papers from Melissa Frances. I purchased a few sheets a couple of months ago and I'm sorry that I did not buy more. But, I'm sure there will be more beautiful papers by her.I was making my Daughter her christmas card and thought of using the rest of these beautiful dimensional victorian stickers by Punch Studio. I purchase these a few years ago and they went perfect with the papers. I used Spellbinders Nestabilities labels #18, half back pearls, Stickles in diamond and frosted lace and inked the edges.

Here are the sheets of decorative papers from Melissa Frances. The holly one is called Ginger #PA346.
The blue, Cindy-Luo #PA348 and the red Clarice PA345.
Using a Our Daily Bread snow flake die (the stamp set is below). This is just a test card for next year because I'm done making my Christmas cards for this year.
I can't wait to start playing with this set for next years cards.
Also played with the rosette die by Tim Holtz.
I put a few of them to use. I made a few more cards using up the rest of the decorative papers.



Very simple cards. I will show you the one for my Daughter at a later time.



In The Garden:

Just took my tripod out at took some more photos of a few of the roses. A gorgeous day here in Southern California. We will be back up into some warmer weather but start to cool down by next weekend.
I took a few photos of one the the new-be roses that we inherited so I can take them to my local garden center and see if they can identify it. That is a goal of mine, is to try to identify the roses that I either lost the tags or inherited.




Here is another names less mini that I bought years ago.
I produces beautiful clusters of mini roses.

A photo of the rose area and you can see Hubby in the background. He is added some compost to the vegetable area. The snap peas are just about ready to put into the ground.

This week, I will be getting my photos ready for a crop. The goal is to do 15 pages. I have some what of an idea of the layouts.

Thanks for your visit and hope to blog soon.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Have I asked you what a "crop" is before??? I am amazed at how you used that red large checked paper and turned it into fantastic Christmas cards! Just amazing! You have such an eye for design!!! The blue and white patterned paper made gorgeous snowflakes! Love the glittery touches and half pearls!!! Your rose garden is extrordinary! The colors are so pretty all together! I'm sure you will be able to get them all ID'd over time!
xoxo- Julie

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,
My those little tags are stunning, they remind me of the olden days.
Yoour roses are going so well,the aphids have found ours. Good luck with the cardmaking.
happy days.
bev.xoxo

Jann said...

Beeeeeeeeutiful doll!
LOVE the cards....and the mini...can't wait to see it finished.
Huggers from idaho!