"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Friday, October 21, 2011

Scrapbook Layout and A Card


Here are my latest photo layouts. These are 12 x12 and the photo album that I am using is from Creative Memories. Is is their "Coversets" and it comes in different colors also. You buy the refill pages and page protector sheets separate. The pages come in nice colors. I have been using the natural for awhile, but they do come in black, spargo and white. I am a big fan of these albums for years. Here is there website : www.creativememories.com
I think I am a very simple scrapper. My journal spot is using the neat fonts on my Mac and used a $1.00 stamp from Jo-Anns (the cute doggie).
Fussy cut out words from a 12 x 12 sheet of decorative paper by DCWV. I have be using this line on Opie's photo album, HERE.

I find it fun to see how many photos I can get on one page without looking messy. I think when you do this it lets your photos tell the story.


I have used this stamps set a lot on cards and on prior layouts. I stamped the images on the same decorative papers that I used for the beach layouts. The papers I am using are from K&Company called Brookfield a Brenda Walton design. It is a fast way to add color to your stamps.
Here is the set called "Antique Engraving", by Hero Arts.
Here are some layouts of our trip to the Mission. The pretty decorative paper with the butterfly is from K&Company paper pad called "Nature" by Susan Winget. This along with the specialty paper pad I will be using in my next years garden journal and other projects.
I have been into making some of my photos into different sizes. The papers I used for the side borders and journaling spots are from "Nature" paper pad too. I used my computer for journaling, Spellbinders die and also a Hero Arts stamp called "Silhouette Spray".
The textured brown paper is a Coredinations paper "sand it, tear it, emboss it, love it". The color is called brownie. Here is a close up of one of the journaling tags. You can see the stamp image too.

With the left over scraps I made a card.


Kraft card stock for the base of the card. Same "brownie" paper and I ran it through a Sizzix embossing folder called Twizzle. I used a sanding pad to the embossed paper to give a distressed look. A scrap of the decorative paper and stamped the "silhouette spray" stamp in brown, Spellbinders die number 18 using the back side of the decorative paper. The stamped sentiment is a Michaels $1.00 bin stamp and the dragonfly stamp is from the "Antique Engraving" set. Martha Stewart butterfly punch, organza ribbon and charm from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day. : ) It's FRIDAY too!!! Hope your Friday is going good.

4 comments:

Julie said...

All so pretty, Bobbie Lynn!!! You do amazing work!!!

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn

Some great pages of family history. Those shell stamps look so realistic.

happy days.
Bev.xoxo

ann said...

beautiful love the color combination

Aurana Books said...

This is just what I was looking for. I did not expect that I’d get so much out of reading your write up! You’ve just earned yourself a returning visitor.