"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Beautiful Day

What a beautiful Thanksgiving Hubby and I had. Lots of food, friends, family and great weather. We were expecting rain, but it missed us. My Daughter said it rained where she is at.
The trees in the neighborhood are giving us a beautiful show of fall colors.
Sunday, nice warm weather with some Santa Ana winds.
I did plant a few more Snap peas in the ground today.
I cut some cilantro for my Spanish rice.
The parsley is doing nice and I will cut some for tomorrow meat loaf.
First course for tonights dinner will be some nice fresh lettuce.

and I will add some tomatoes from the garden. This is the first year that I am able to have home grown tomatoes and lettuce growing at the same time. A real treat.
Found the little culprit who has been eating my nasturtium leafs. I need to go out and look for them every couple of days. Today those little white moths were just hovering around the plants.
I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving here in the States and also enjoying a nice weekend. Hope to get some Christmas decorating done this week and start some of my cookie dough. Thanks for the visit and have a great day.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Nice you have tomatoes already...and what gorgeous lettuce!!! I have a few blossoms on my two Mr. Stripey tomato plants.....I am waiting patiently!!! :)

Love your leaf changing trees there...just perfect!!!

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Those Autumn toned trees are so lovely. Those little green bugs are nasty. Our parsley is coming to an end. I can just about taste yours from here with a tomato thrown in.
Happy gardening.
Bev.xoxo