"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Garden Mini Album Part 4 - Summer 2011

Just a quick post to show the progress on my 2011 Garden Mini. I have completed the Summer section, just need one area for journaling then I will start the Fall and Winter section.

It was a perfect day yesterday to work on the mini because we had some rain, 3/4" inch. Not bad to the start of our rain season and more is on the way.
It was fun to use my dies, sticker, stamps, punches and other miscellaneous embellishments to complete each of the pages.
I copied the seed packet image and used it as a journal tag.
The pocket section opens up to add a couple more photos. The photos help me when I go to plant next years vegetables. Need to try and plant them in a different area. Very hard to do because I am working with a small space. But next year I may plant the cucumbers where the tomatoes were this year.

The page opens out for more photos. I had more photos then space.


This was just a pocket but I realized the photos would fall out so I made a flap to hold them in. I used some circle magnets for the pocket closure.
I backed the photos with paper and used the back for my journaling. I did a large journal spot to talk about the summer garden.
The last page and another pocket. I should have known that Summer would have tons more of photos. I just need to add some tags to identify the succulents.
I used the scraps of paper from the paper collection for the tags. I hope to begin the Fall section in the next couple of days.

I hope this may give you some ideas to start a journal book, diary or photo album of your garden.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

3 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

Oh I do like what you do with paper

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn

Oh my goodness this is beautiful. A great reminder of where to plant things for the next year to. Have a great Sunday.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Julie said...

How pretty! Amazing what you can do!!! Have a wonderful Wednesday! I am wide awake and had not been out to look at blogs for a few days...so am sitting up half the night! LOL.