"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Friday, December 23, 2011

Nasturtium "Mahogany" and Some Red Work

I was so happy to see one of my Mahogany nasturtium in bloom.
The seeds are from Botanical Interests.

And some Red Work. It is nice to get back into some simple stitching.

I downloaded a free pattern from Bird Brain Designs. I used my little light box and an black Micron pen (.05). I did not have a red pen but the black did okay. I used red perle cotton, No. 8 thread in color number #321.
I have started to give out my Christmas cookies to my neighbors and spending time with my Daughter. It is nice having her home.

Merry Christmas everyone. I will be back next year. : )

2 comments:

Sal said...

Beautiful!! ;-)x

Julie said...

Your nasturtium is so pretty, Bobby Lynn! I think it may be too hot for it here, sadly. My Aunt can grow it in central Florida, but we are a zone hotter and it changes everything, sadly. I just adore this stuff!

I need to take time to sit and stitch...I love your pattern and redwork is so pretty. I have always wanted to do a pair of pillowcases, but never have. One day I will. Thankis for showing your pretty stitching!

Have a wonderful Christmas with your daugher home! Did she like her tree in her room??? I love that.