"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Monday, January 16, 2012

Orange In My Garden & Some Garden Journal Pages

Photos of what is blooming the my garden. Not too much but the beautiful Echeveria is giving its showing of orange spikes.
Of course the nasturtiums. This one plant has filled in nicely in the raised bed.
I did sow more of the "Fiesta Blend" in hopes of getting a few other colors in the seed packet.

One of the the "Fiesta Blend" is a nice trailing one and I have it growing on a small garden trellis. I would like to buy more trellis for the garden.
I have also used one of the tomato cages as a trellis. The "Mahogany" nasturtium is a compact variety. I have one growing in front of the house and it growing into a round shaped plant also. I do deadhead the nasturtium plants frequently. If not, they will not produce as many flowers and they do go to seed quickly. I hope to save some of the seeds for next year.


Some of my garden pages from January 1st - January 15th.
I did start with a photo of the rose and vegetable area on January 1st.
For my journaling I will either write on the kraft page or lined index cards, tags and journal spots downloaded from the internet.
I just purchased a SMASH dated stamp from 1-2-3 Stitch. I did see some at Michael's craft store too.

You can used just the date or one of the sentiments.
I thought it was kinda of fun to have.
A very simple garden book and I hope I will keep it up.
Thanks for visiting and Have a nice day.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Your nasturtiums are just so pretty!!! The echeveria stalk is so pretty too...soon to be covered with flowers! The Smash date stamp is very cool! I am sick that the mixed media group I have been going to, is having a SMash Book making day on this Saturday, and I HAVE TO WORK!@!!
:(

garden trellis said...

wow!
What a very beautiful flowers to see. It ignites to me to plant more flowers in our house.
Thank you for sharing this to us.