"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Monday, January 23, 2012

Work With Handmade Papers

Over the weekend Ms. "L" and I got together to do some card making. I have been looking at these beautiful hand made papers that my Daughter purchased a couple of years ago for a project that she was doing and she gave me the left overs. There were a lot of nice left overs too.

The Valentine sentiments is a new dollar stamp that I purchased at Michael's.
I wanted to keep the cards simple.
I used my Spellbinders heart dies.
I purchased a sheet of this pretty glitter paper from the Paper Source store (we have a store in Pasadena). It is made in Germany and they had some other colors too. It was a nice long sheet for $3.95. It was a beautiful red and it went perfect with the hand made papers.
The photos do not capture the sparkle in the glitter paper.



The foil die cuts are from the Je t'adore die packet by Making Memories.








It was fun making simple cards using hand made papers. Thank you for stopping bye. Have a great day.

4 comments:

Julie said...

How pretty they all are!!! You make it look so simple...but you are a true artist! xoxo- Julie

Bev C said...

Great Valentines cards Bobbie Lynn,
they are so beautiful.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

retdairyqueen said...

Oh I would love to be your Valentine
Lovely cards

Julie said...

I thought of you today! I was in JoAnn Fabrics and looking at all of the card making stuff. I chicken out when it comes time to pick some things because I am afraid of my choices not being good ones! I am such a baby! I do want to try and make a few this year. Today was my last day of work, so now (after I clean my house up) I can take a wee bit of time to make Valentine cards. When I do, I will post so you can see!!! Thanks for being so inspiring!!!