"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Cute Bear Stamp by Imaginations

Here is a card that I made for a four year old boy. I hope its not too babyish, but I do not have any stamps for this age group.I was going to try to do some watercoloring with my inks but I did not have the right colors and the right kind of brushes. I just used what I had and that was my Prisma colored pencils. I used Turpenoid (Weber product) to move and blend the color on the paper. A technique that I posted awhile ago here (I found on YouTube).

Using textured paper this processes may take more time to move and blend. Using smoother paper it it easier to do this technique. Practice and try different types of paper to see what works best for you and your stamp images.
I stamped using black Archival ink.
The supplies to make the birthday sentiment.
How I keep my buttons. I also have plastic containers with several compartments.
This is how I keep Turpenoid while I am using it. A glass jar will do too. Hubby buys the large bottle of Turpenoid and I steal some every now and then.
As you can see the texture of the paper.
Using a paper stump to blend and move the color or colors to give a smoother look. When I was finished coloring in the image, I used a black Zig pen with a 01 point to outline the image.
I cut out the image adhere with foam mounting tape or pop dots. The card size is 5 x 5 and I used used Core'dination colorcore card stock Vintage collection in "burnt sugar". The begie card stock is cut 4-1/2 x 4-1/2 inches using their canvas texture in "ice cream". I added dash marks around the card using Stabilo fine point, 0.4 pen in brown.
I stamped out a few more for future use.

I have a few more cards to show you. I have been busy making forty-six "thank you" cards and a few more birthday cards for some sweet little girls.

Thank you for your visit. Have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Down by the sea said...

What a wonderful card and it really helps to see the steps taken into making it.
Sarah x