"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Embroidered Pillowcase

A quick share of my finished hand embroidered pillowcase that I made for my Grandmothers birthday.
This is an Aunt Martha's hot Iron Transfer design called "blue onion motifs" #3759. One of the designs in the packet is just that but this one is the dogwood. The pillow case (2 in a pack) I purchased and transfers at Jo-ann's.
Pillowcase is 50/50 poly cotton and they are standard size.
I used DMC floss. The color numbers for the flowers were 224 a rose color, 739 beige and 967, peach. Flowers centers a light yellow in #744. Hash marks on the inside of the flower #801 brown. Leaves in a light green #3364 and a dark green #937 also the stems were done in the dark green. This was my first time doing a split stitch and I do need more practice but I like the way it covers over the transfer lines. I also did a split stitch below the dogwood design just to give the pillow more color.
Now I will wrap it up and send it on its way.

I have a tea towel that I will be working on soon. Thanks for stopping bye and have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Oh this is so beautiful. I would love to have some pillow slips like these you have got me motiavted now. Love the colours and especially that it is a Dogwood Rose. The green strip really sets of the pattern.
Happy days to you you clever lady.
Bev.xoxo

Melony Bradley said...

Fantastic work on these. Your grandmother will love them. Cant wait to see your tea towels