"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Garden Journaling January 15th - January 31 2012

A couple of photos of the kalanchoe in full bloom.
Pages of my garden journal.

Now on to February and this is the month that gardeners in Southern California can start to sow our summer vegetables, indoors. We still can get some freezing weather here. This week I will be looking at the seeds that I have and start to plan.
A small embroidery that I was working on. Now I will start on the pillow case. It is an iron on transfer and I was testing out the colors and a new stitch for me, a split stitch.
A nice pop of color in the yard and they are attracting a lot of bees too. All rose bushes have nice new healthy leave. We are having beautiful weather and no rain insight for the next five days.
Thanks for your visit and have a nice day.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Your journal is awesome!!! Thanks for your comments on my blog...I was thinking about your beautiful cards as I made mine today! Love your bright blooms outside...and your nice Chocolate Soldier succulent!

Down by the sea said...

What a wonderful way of capturing the
changes in your garden. I must try this too. I can't believe how big your kalanchoe is, in England we only see them as small houseplants.