"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Embroidered Tea Towel #1

Here is one of the three tea towels using these pretty vintage looking towels and hot iron transfers by Aunt Martha's.

The stitch I used was the stem stitch and if you do not know what that is or how to do the stitch, here is the YouTube video that was a great help to me HERE. I used DMC floss, using two strands and three strands on the dots. Colors as follows: for the cherries and frame #321, leaves #701, dots #973, stems #801 and for the highlight accents on the cherries perel cotton #8 310 ( I think the brown used on the stems would have been the better color). Added jumbo rick rack that is 100% polyester. I did not have 100% cotton rick rack (hard to find) and I just used up what I had in my stash.

I write what I used on an index card for the next time and any changes.
Here is the iron transfers that I used and it is called Fruit Tea Towel #3510.
At my local Jo-anns store they have a few packages of different set of tea towels. I thought these would be cute for summer. I want to try their flour sack towels next. My local Jo-ann's they have a nice selection of colors.
I think for my next one I will be using one of the images from the Java Break #3997.
I will not be using this towel at the moment. I want to finish the other two and then add them to my towel basket. These make great gifts.

Today, it is rainy weather here in Southern California. A perfect day for more stitching. : )

Thank you for your visit. Have a great day.

2 comments:

Julie said...

This turned out so pretty! The stem stitch was perfect! I am learning embroidery stitches now and enjoy it since I can pick it up in my few minutes of spare time. I would love to make things like this to save for gifts...now you are inspiring me again!!!

Bev C said...

The tea towel is so pretty Bobbie Lynn. It is very hard to get cotton rick-rack. With everthing made in China these days I think is part of the problem. Good luck with the rest of them.

happy days.
Bev.xoxo