"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Gift Bag for My Note Cards

These gift bags are made from plain brown lunch bags.
They fit the A2 size cards perfect, set of four cards per bag. I'm getting a early start on Mother's Day gifts.
I cut the bottom of the bag and used decorative scissors to trim off the top. I painted them using what I had on had of acrylic paints, white, green and blue.
These are the scissors I used for the top.
I used macrame and unraveled it to give me three strands to use. Long enough to wrap around the bag a couple of time and make a bow.
I folded the bottom and used a hot glue gun to seal it. You can use any adhesive but this way was faster for me.
a pretty punch or any decorative scissors to give a nice trim for the bag. I was thinking of using lace but I wanted to use up the paper scraps.

fits the cards nicely.
Lunch bags have endless possibilities. These were fun to make and I have a few more to go.
Today here in So. Cal. we are having summer like weather, really warm out. It was a beautiful day to be outside.

Have a great week everyone.

3 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

I will never ever look at a plain old brown paper bag again without thinking of you and how pretty they really can be. Congrats on such beautiful work.
happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Julie said...

These bags are over the top beautiful!! I love each detail...what a great gift for a mother!!! Brilliant.

Down by the sea said...

Your bags are amazing! What a good idea of using leftovers to create such a decorative touch.
Sarah