"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Making Your Own Journal Spots and Next Sewing Project





I wanted to have some areas in my garden journal for writing our photos.  I have seen in the stores journaling tags and they are very pretty but they would not go with my projects.  Using what I have at home like simple index cards that you pick up at the market or office supply stores and to pretty the index cards up by using my stamps, dies or stickers (ephemera) I have already in my supplies. Scraps are also good for journaling spots.



Some of the index cards have an aged looked to them already.  I have had them for a while.  You can cut them to any size or die cut them to a shape that goes with your project.  I like buying the lined cards because I can used the blank side also.  Using Archival Ink in "jet black" and stamps from Pinkpaislee "butterfly garden" collection and a woodblock stamp by Hero Arts called "french post"#K5354. Then inked around the edge of the journal spots in Distress ink in "walnut stain".  I like the way they came out.



For My Next Sewing project will come form this Butterick pattern #B5006.  I hope this time I will have a better outcome.

The fabric was purchased at Jo-anns stores in there home decor section.  This is 45" and the striped is called "zoo stripe line" and flora pattern is called "Zoo flora lime"by Dewll Studio for Robert Allen.
This should keep me busy for a while.  I hope to have some garden journal pages to show you in the next few days.
Thank you for your visit and have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Down by the sea said...

Your fabric is lovely, I look forward to you showing us your finished article.
I realised at the weekend I was no further forward with my garden journal, so I saw an old book in the shed and have recorded all my new plant purchases so at least it is a start. I think it will be a long time before mine looks anything like yours!
Sarah

Julie said...

What a fantastic idea to use index cards for your journal tags!!! I love this tip! Now you are gonna have me pretty-ing up my index cards just to use as usual!!! LOLOL.

The fabrics are very pretty for your next project...can't wait to see!!!