"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, March 3, 2012

More Cards Out of "Floral Dreams" by K&Company

It was a very productive week in the yard and also in my craft area. I have a lot of cards to show you and I'm not going to get too detailed because a lot of techniques I have done in the past and a lot of the same stamp, punches, die cuts I have used many times. But, if you have any questions I will be more then happy to explain. : )

So here I go. Here is the first card and the sentiment that I typed from my computer. On the Mac there are a lot of really neat fonts to choose from.
This card I cut base of the card the wrong size and I think I made a good save and came up with a good idea from it too.
I'm once again using the papers from this amazing collection of papers by K&Company called "Floral Dreams". I have done so many projects with this one paper pad. I have 9 sheets of decorative papers left. I did see they have some new paper pads with embellishments packets at Jo-anns and Michael's stores but I kept myself from buying any new papers right now. I have several and I need to start using them.
How I get started: I get the papers or collection of papers that I want to work with. Then, I purchase solid color card stock to go with the papers. The way I start usually is by the size of envelops that I have. I buy different size envelops. That is one way I get started or I keep card magazines near me as I work. But there are a lot of times the papers tell me what size they want to be. Yes, papers talk to me. : )
Making the front of the card, I found this would make a great banner or tag. I can see this as a banner. I used for the bottom shape the Tim Holtz edged die called "brackets".
Hand made paper flowers and a butterfly sticker. The sentiment I typed on the computer.
More hand made flowers and the centers I used Viva pearl pen in gold. Sentiments typed on the computer.

Accordion style card and a stamped sentement by Hero Arts
Stamp sentiment by Fiskers from their clear stamp set called "all around quotes".
Stamped sentiments clear set by Hero Arts and the butterfly die is a Spellbinders that I backed using a solid color to highlight the butterfly more. Inked the edges using Distress Ink in "dusty concord".
Typed sentiment on the computer. Stamped a floral stamp around the "thinking of you" to filled up the die more. Used Distress Ink in "milled lavender".
Typed sentiment from the computer.

Here are my Note Card Sets:
One of my circle dies fit perfectly to this mini embossing folder.


Cutting up one of the papers gave me a different design for each card.
Can not tell that these two cards came from the same paper.
Same with this set of note cards. I really love this set.
I used my gold leaf pen on the edges of the papers and die cuts.
I think I will be purchasing the silver and bronze paint pens soon. They really add a nice accent to your papers.

With the left over scraps, I made flowers to used on my paper bag "gift bags" for the note cards. The bags are drying at the moment I will be showing them soon.

Now I need to get ready to go outside and do some gardening.

Thanks for your visit and wishing you a lovely day.

1 comment:

Julie said...

OMG...you have really made some gorgeous cards here, Bobbie Lynn!!! You never fail to blow me away!!!