"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, April 28, 2012

"Blue Boy" Heirloom Cornflowers, A Silly Opie and The Summer Garden Begins

My Cornflower plant is filling out nicely and producing a lot more buds too.  Cornflowers are also known as   "Bachelor Buttons". 



 The little bud.
 Just to give you different angles of the plant.


Just starting to open.

This morning I was busy in the vegetable area and added one "black beauty" zucchini, two Roma italian bush tomatoes, one yellow tomato "big rainbow", two bean pole  (more are sprouting) and I will add two cucumber plants, "marketmore".  Unfortunately, the Brussels sprouts did not make it.  : (  I may try again next, maybe.
 This week I will buy bags of mulch for the vegetable and rose area.
 It looks so bare but in a month or so it will look more like a vegetable garden.

Also some photos of my boy Opie.
 Doing what he loves best, playing ball.


 He is filling out more and he just turned two years old this month.

 Just love him dearly.

 A couple of photos of my "sunsprite" patio tree rose.
Thanks for your visiting and wishing you a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Down by the sea said...

I love cornflowers too,they used to grow well in the garden but the last few years they seem to get eaten, maybe I should try sowing them in the Autumn instead. Have you tried Black Boy too?
I hadn't heard that nickname for them before!
Lovely pictures of Opie, he looks such a dear.
Sarah x

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

That photo of the Cornflower is amazing. Good luck with your gardening, mulch will do wonders to your garden. Opie is so photogenic.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Julie said...

Oh, I am sorry about the brussel sprouts! Shoot. The garden will be so full in a few months!!! You sure do keep a lovely rose area! Opie is a sweet boy, as usual. I can't believe he already turned 2! Doozey just turned 5...I don't like it...I want her to go back to 2 again!!! :)