"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hand Embroidered Tea Towels

 A quick post on my finished hand embroidered tea towels.  I really like the way they came out.
 I used Aunt Martha's vintage 1930's towels  .
The images are the hot iron transfers also by Aunt Martha's.  The strawberries are from the "fruit tea towel"#3510 and the coffee pot and cup is from their "java break".  Stitched using the stem stitch for all three towel but the daisy stitch for the strawberry seeds.  Used DMC floss (two strands).  Added jumbo rick rack at the bottom.

I plan to do more.  They are fun and quick to do.
Thanks for your visit and hope you have a nice day.

3 comments:

Bev C said...

Beautiful towels Bobbie Lynn, no one will want to wipe up with them!!!

Hope you had a great Easter.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

toko baju said...

This is a great posting I have read. I like your article. Thank you

Rebecca said...

They are lovely!
beautiful work.