"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Paris Themed Cards

Here are some cards that I had made a while back using a clear design stamp set by Hero Arts called, Paris #CL325

 Card measures 4-4/8 x 6-1/8 inches. Georgia Pacific white card stock, trim it a bit and bright pink card stock used on all the cards.  I do not know the brand of the pink card stock.
 I stamped all the images in the set and cut them out.  This helps me to design a card.  I can place the images around the card to see what looks good before I stamp it on to my paper.
 I keep them in a plastic bag for the next time.
 On a clear block I arranged vertically the large fleur-de-lis and small flower.  You could put them on a separate block for easier inking but this helped me with the spacing by putting them both on one block.



Ink the fleur-de-lis in Versafine "onyx black, then using the kiss stamping technique, I stamped the fleur-de-lis onto a script stamp by Prima.  It is a 2.5 " x 3" clear stamp called "printery".

 The small flower I inked it using Studio "g" pigment ink in "bright pink".
 This is what the script stamp looks like.
 I inked around the edged of the white card stock using  "tattered rose" Distress Ink.  I stamped the eiffel tower and bonjour using "onyx black" ink by Versafine.
 I started the first row with the fleur-de-lis and the second row I started it with the small flower.  This gives a nice pattern.
 This card I used a scrap of the pink paper and inked the edges using black ink.  I used from a different stamp set called "happy messages" by Stampendous.  I used Versafine black ink and added the small flower at the end of the letter "u".  Outline the sentiment and the center of the flower using silver Stickles.  Let it dry completely and add pop dots and adhere to the card.
 I did a few cards continuing the pattern across the card.
 Added silver Stickles to the flower centers or not.

 Using one of my Spellbinder dies for a label.
A fun stamp set to work with.  I have had in my stamp collection for a while and I  hope to do more cards  with it soon.  I need to start looking a my other stamps and see what other background designs I can come up with.
Thanks for your visit.  Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Love the pink, and the Eiffel Tower...awesome!!!

Down by the sea said...

I like your fleur-de-lis,such a good idea to stamp out all the images and keep them in a bag and your use of scraps of paper.
Sarah