"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Yellow Columbine and Other Blooming Flowers

Saturday was a another gloomy day but perfect for taking some photos of the yellow columbine flowers.

 The plant looks nice and healthy.  It did get a nice trimming  last December. We are thinking of buying seeds of different colored Columbine.  This plant was given to use so it will be fun to try and grow some by seeds.

 Nice long stocks and they would be perfect for cutting but I thought I would leave them this time so I can have some nice color in front of the house.
 A little bee. Too cold for flying.
 Right next to the Columbine is the pink iceberg rose bush that is just starting to bloom.

 At the corner is the "mahogany" nasturtiums. They were perfect for that corner of the front bed. A good pop of color there.
 I am happy to see some color in this bed.  I hope I can keep it up.  I have some pinwheel zinnias that are starting to sprout and they maybe perfect for this area.
Stock flowers.  Love the color of it.
Thank you for your visit.  Have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Down by the sea said...

I love the colour of your columbine and what an amazing clump of nasturtium,I wish I could grow them like this. Do you have slugs or snails?
Sarah

Julie said...

That nasturtium is stunning!!!!!

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Beautiful garden shots. I now realise the Columbine's are called Aqualegia's here in Australia. They must have had a name change a while back.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo