"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Monday, May 28, 2012

A Beach Scrapbook Layout and Some Cards


Here are my layouts from our trip from last December.  I'm a simple scrapbooker and I try to keep the embellishments to a minimum.  
 I used two different stamps.  The "nature" is a dollar stamps and the shell is part of the "antique Engraving" from Hero Arts clear set. The brown and tan colored card stock is from Cordinations.


 I used an embossing folder (shown below) to add texture to the die cut shell shapes and ran the ink pad over them.

Some of the supplies I used.
 Stamps I used for the cards below.
 Dies are from Cuttlebug.
Here is the embossing folder from Cuttlebug called "textile".
Spellbinder label shapes I used on some of the pages and card below.


 The cards I made for my Husband for Father's Day and our anniversary.


 The paper for these two cards are from two different paper pads by K& Company, Studio K "meadow" Designer Papers and Brenda Walton's "brookfield".  These are very old paper collections but two of my favorites.

The crown is a die cut is from Tim Holtz alterations die called "hearts wings", Spellbinders nested hearts. I ran the larger heart through the embossing folder by Tim Holtz called "patchwork".  The "wonderful you" is a sticker that is part of the paper collection.  Inked the edges of the papers and dies cuts in brown ink.
The "happy anniversary" came from the clear set shown above.  It is a small sentiments, so I stamped it three times. The burlap strip is from Offray that I purchased on a roll at Jo-anns. This card was made after I finished the layouts so the beach theme was still fresh on my mined.  Simple but I think Hubby will like it. The base of both cards are kraft card stock.
Inside of the card.  The  "hugs and kisses" stickers and "our story" tab are part of  the paper collection.

3 comments:

Down by the sea said...

What a wonderful way of keeping your memories alive of your holiday. Do you do scrapbooks for anything else apart from your gardening ones?
It reminded me that my Dad used to make books of our holidays when I was a child. I will have to get them out and have a look at them.
Sarah

Julie said...

Hi Bobbie Lynn! What a lovely scrapbook! Of course those three people inside are extra special, which is what makes it priceless!!! Love the pics on the beach...also showcasing some of the beautiful succulents there!!!

Have a perfect week!
xoxo- Julie

Plastic Card said...

Fabulous...it's good expeience to save memories of lfe.... Scratch Card
Promotional Cards
print VIP cards