"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hydrangea and Roses

Two of my favorite flower combiniations would have to be hydrangeas and roses.
I thought both of my hydrangea plants were goners.  Last year they looked as if they would never make a comeback.  I was going to take them up this year too.  But several weeks ago I saw an amazing growth on both plants.

This hydrangea plant started from a small cutting that my Husband got from his Aunts house many, many years ago.  We had it in a large container when we lived in a condo and when we purchased our home some 12 years ago, the only place to plant it  was on the north side of the house,  the shadiest part.
The other hydragea plant was purchased about 10 years ago when we went to visit our friends who lived in Northern California.  This hydrangea produces between lavender, pink and green/blue flowers. (I never know what I will get).  Both plants have a lot of flowers cluster on them and I can not figure out why they have done so well this time around.  I'm so happy that they made a comeback.
I cut three nice hydrangea clusters and combined them with some of the roses for a beautiful bouquet.
Pink Peace rose
Sweet Surrender rose

The other rose at the top left is a Princess de Monaco bud.


Wishing you a beautiful day.

2 comments:

Down by the sea said...

I love that combination, most of my roses have gone over by the time the hydrangeas come out. Do you have to give your hydrangeas lots of water? Mine can look very sad if we have a spell of dry weather.
Sarah x

Julie said...

Beautiful, Bobbie Lynn!!! I'm glad they recovered and are really beautiful!!!

Loving my new job, and will finally have three days off in a row this Sun, Mon and Tues! Am looking so forward to it!!!

Hope all is well in your world...
Love, Julie