"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

4th Of July Banner

Just wanted to share with you my 4th of July banner.  This was a fun project that I got to do with my Daughter.  Sorry for the not so good indoor shots.  I'm working on getting better in that area.



  Here are some close ups.  The stars (chipboard) are from Michael's that I purchase a few years ago.  I have not been to a Michael's in a long while to see what other shapes that may have.  All the papers are from one paper collection (shown below). Martha Stewart acrylic paint (summer linen) was used for the edges. From my stash I used crepe paper to make some rosettes.

 Used an alphabet stencil cut  out the USA and added Stickles to them.  The other paper rosettes are made using the Tim Holtz rosette die.  I was working with 6 x 6 papers and I had to glue pieces of paper together to make a long strip in order to use the long thin die.  Added some ribbon to the rosettes.

 Here is the paper collection that I used and this was purchased at my local scrapbook store last year. This is by BoBunny "liberty" collection.
 We  added some wood skewers to the back of some of the rosettes.
I hope to add more to my 4th of July decor for the home. It was fun to do this project with my Girl.  Now I need to clean up and finish making my bathroom curtains.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Down by the sea said...

I love your banner and the rosettes are wonderful.Hope you have a great time of 4th July!
Sarah x

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,
What a fun project to make for the celebration,love the rosettes in the container. Very pretty display.

Happy sewing.
Bev.xoxo

Julie said...

Oh gosh, Bobbie Lynn...what a really neat banner project...and I love those flower pics you guys made!!! It looks like summer at your house!!!

Thanks for showing this! I love banners, and feel they are really great to make for just about any occasion! My Mom would have loved this!

Thanks for your always sweet and supportive comments on my blog. It was so difficult to leave that library job...goodness. I will feel badly about it forever!

By the way...you find the most awesome papers for your projects! You are my role model at all times!

xoxo- Julie

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.