"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, June 30, 2012

4th Of July Cards and A Paper Mache Star

First lets start with the paper mache star on a stick.  

 My Daughter dug this out of her craft supplies and used the same paper collection (that we used on the banner) and added some silver glitter, edged the star with acrylic paint and a rosette for the center.
 Using the same paper collection I made  three cards. I have never made cards for the 4th before. So this was something new to do.   I do not have any 4th of July stamps or dies but looking at what I have in my supplies, this is what I came up with.
 The papers are really pretty and so I did not have to embellish a lot.
 For some reason butterflies seem to be the perfect embellishment.  The butterfly is a punch by Martha Stewart (the trio of butterflies).  The Happy 4th sentiment was done on the computer using a scrap of paper.  I did some stitching with my sewing machine while it was out.
 Inside of both of the cards.
 I used the circle punch and cut the circles in half to give a scalloped edged to the card.
 And the inside the card.  I wanted to cover up the stitching on the inside of the card.


Cornflowers with a Ronald Reagan Rose.

Have a wonderful 4th everyone.  God Bless America.

No comments: