"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Monday, June 4, 2012

An Altered Gift Box and Some Cards

I altered a plain gift box to include a gift card.

The paper that I used to alter the box is from Pinkpaislee  "butterfly garden" collection. I used one of the 12 x 12 sheets (which is double sided ) called "flower blooms"
 I first painted the box with one of my favorite acrylic paint colors by Martha Stewart called "summer linen". I used from my craft stash ribbon, lace, paper flowers.  I inked the edges the box and papers with walnut stain ink.
 Covered the side of the box with a strip of the paper.
 I added papers to inside of the box.  The flower was one that I made a while ago.
 I painted the bottom of the box and after it dried I used one of the stamps that match the paper collection on the bottom and on each  side of the box, using the same walnut stain ink.
 It was good to recycle a gift box that I already had on hand.

I had some left over paper and looked in my scrap box and this is want I came up with.
 Both cards have kraft card stock as the base.  The yellow dot and stripe papers were from my scrap box.  I used my circle die cut and fussy cut the wasp/bee image and the "flower blooms" was part of the title boarder of the paper.
 Stamped the envelops.
I ran the base of the card thru a Sizzix embossing folder.  I ran a distressing tool along the edges of the decorative paper and inked.  Stamped a few images on to the decorative paper, added a handmade flower, ribbon and cut out another "flower bloom" from the paper.

Thank you for your visit and hope you have a great day.

1 comment:

Down by the sea said...

Your gift box and cards are wonderful! I love the paper you covered the box with and the butterfly and bee stamp.
Hope you have a good week.
Sarah x