"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

"Art Deco" Zinnia

This type of Zinnia is new to my garden called "Art Deco".  The seeds are from Botanical Interest.  

 This is a variety seed packet of pink, lavender and purple zinnias.  This is the first one to bloom in the garden and I have two more that will be showing off their colors soon.  The ones I planted in front of my house are growing but not as well as the ones planted in the backyard.  My backyard receives full sun.  Need to plants flowers for the front of the house that do not require full sun.
 Tomorrow we welcome Summer and I am already planning of what I would like to sow this September and October.  I guess that is a Gardeners way of thinking.   I hope in a few days that I will have more photos of these "art deco" zinnias in some different colors.


"Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul".  ~Author Unknown


Have a wonderful first day of Summer.



3 comments:

Julie said...

What a beauty! Can't wait to see what other colors you get!!!

Bev C said...

That first photo is magnificent Bobbie Lynn. Amazing what difference a bit of sun/wind protection makes to plants.

Happy gardening.
Bev.xoxo

Melony Bradley said...

Beautiful Art Deco Zinnia and wonderful photos. They make me want to reach out and touch them. Happy Summer!

www.mel-designs.typepad.com