"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Friday, July 6, 2012

In The Summer Garden

A nice sweet bouquet of zinnias and roses. 

 My family and I had a wonderful 4th of July and the weather was just beautiful.
 Under the flag pole I have a narrow planter and it is hard to find plants that grow compact.  These are more of the "pinwheel mix" zinnia by Burpee. I sowed these from seed.  I'm not sure if they will do well because all zinnias should get full sun.  Here they receive the morning sun and afternoon shade.
 Here are some of the colors so far.  I have one in the raise bed that I posted and it is doing nicely and is much larger too.

A photo of the container sunflower "Junior" fully opened.
 The plant has a lot of little off shoots of flower buds. I hope to make some arrangements with them too.
 The "Tuscan Sun" rose bush is having another blooming cycle.

 I finally got my first summer squash.  This is an "early prolific straightneck" and the seeds are from Botanical Interest.  I did pull up my zucchini plant. It was not doing well and I planted one patty pan and hope I will have better luck with this squash.

 Cucumbers, doing great.  : )  Next year I may try another type of cucumber.  I have been looking at my seed catalogues and making a list.  In a couple of month I will be able to start to sow some sweet peas.
Princess de Monaco rose bud.
Thank you for your visit and have a great weekend.

3 comments:

young-eclectic-encounters said...

Thanks so much for the wonderful photos and all the info you provide. BTW my zinnias did fine in morning sun and afternoon shade. They thrived and reseeded so well they almost became weeds for a couple of years
Johnina

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

What beautiful photo's of your garden. Just LOVE the sunflower and so admire your cucumbers. I am sure your Zinnia's will do well even if they get some shade, they may just grow taller looking for the sun.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Bev.xoxo

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous flowers and they look so beautiful with the pastel colours of your china.XX