"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Monday, August 6, 2012

A Birthday Paper Bag Album

This mini book is made out of large size lunch bags.  I folded them in half and added decorative papers. The papers I used are from K&Company "nature" 12 x 12 paper pads.  I used both the designer and specialty papers pads.  It is a Susan Winget design. I used paper punches, die cuts and left over ephemera from prior projects. On the edges of some of the paper bags I used a scalloped scissors and edged the bags and papers using a copper leafing pen by Krylon.  
 Most of the embellishments I made using my die cut machine and punches. The opening of the lunch bag I used to hold tags, shown below.
 This Birthday book is going to a family member.  I filled it with birthday sentiments and room for Her to journal and add photos from Her Birthday.
 I used Stickles here and there to give the papers some sparkle.
 This is where the four of us will add our own greeting. Yes, Opie added his too.  On one of the paper bags I used the bottom flap as a pocket for small tags that had sentiments on each of them.

 She can add a nice size photo here.
 Got a little crazy with the embellishing on these two pages.
 For the tags I used some of the die cuts by K&Company "spring blossom seed" packet collection by Susan Winget.  They went well with this collection.  The tags can be used for more photos or journaling.

 I cut up the 12 x 12 papers to make larger tags that can also be used to add more photos.  The backside of the tag were left blank.  These papers are double sided.
I used a verity of stamps and my computer throughout this book.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Girl, this is absolutely gorgeous!!! WOW!!!!! You are an amazing maker of beauty! What a perfect and thoughtful gift! God bless you! We are still in Shreveport...going home tomorrow. I'm ready to get back to everyday life again!
Julie

Down by the sea said...

That looks like a work of art, one member of the your family will be so lucky!
Sarah x

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Oh my gosh, this is so pretty, I love the quotes you have included in the pages. Looking forward to seeing what you are up to next.

happy days.
Bev.xoxo