"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Altered Composition Books and Cards

It has been really hot and humid here In Southern California which made it difficult to be in the garden. Early morning garden maintenance, walking Opie and my power walks all before the real heat of the day.   Perfect time to play with some papers and plain compositions books. The papers I have been using are from K&Company collection called "Nature" specialty and designer 12 x 12 pads (Susan Winget designs).

(Click on the photos for a closer view)

These papers are double sided and are a perfect texture for covering composition books or even boxes. I purchased a few larger size books and some small books.
I covered the insides of the larger books and also using my Krylon pens to ink the edges of the book covers and the edges of the pages.

Here are the small books, they measure 4-1/2 "x 3-1/4".  Perfect for your handbag.

Here are the cards using these pretty papers. I used various stamps, die cuts and embellishments. The papers were a challenge for me.  The images on the papers were large. I like the way they came out.
On the dragonfly die I used one of my scripted stamps to give it a textured look.
I used Stickles "crystal" on several of these cards to give some of the images a bit of sparkle.
As I was making the cards, I'm thinking of the times during the year that I send cards.



I used a daisy paper punch on this card.  Punch several using white card stock.  Inking the daisies using Distress inks "wild honey" and "walnut stain". Used two daisies for each flower and added brown glitter for the centers. Brown vine trim and a "daisy garden" die cut from K&Company die-cut packet called "spring blossom seed".
Using my computer and the different fonts for some of the sentiments. This is a 4" x " 4" card. I used my Fiskars paper crimper on a few of the cards.

Set of note cards.  I will pack them as a set.
Added Stickles to outline the images.
Some left over scraps I made another 4" x 4" card.  I used one of the Martha Stewart adhesive butterfly borders.  I hope to use up the rest of the papers.  I would like to alter more books and what ever else I can think of.
Thank you for your sweet comments on my last post and I will try to get more Opie photos soon.  Hope you have a wonderful day.

"Your love o Lord reaches to the heavens and your faithfulness to the skies. 
Psalm 36:5

2 comments:

Down by the sea said...

The papers you found are lovely and as usual have used them so creatively. I love your new heading on your blog and words.
Sarah x

Julie said...

I need to start doing an early morning power walk!!!

Love all your books and cards...very elegant!

Have a wonderful weekend. P.S. Love your quote by David....he surely wrote some lovely words, didn't he...so passionate and inspiring!
xoxo- Julie