"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Friday, August 3, 2012

Goldy Honey Bear Sunflower

Here are some photos of a beautiful sunflower called "goldy honey bear".  Seeds are from Botanical Interests.

 The sunflower bud.
 It has three offshoot flowers that are smaller but still pretty.
 Photo taken on July 27th.
Photo taken this morning, August 3rd. The taller sunflowers are called "Mammoth Grey Stripe" and on the seed packet they grow 6' - 10' tall.  The "goldy honey bear" grow from 4' - 6' tall.
 one of the "mammoth grey stripe" flowers.  I will try to get a better photo of it when it is fully opened.
A nice assortments of vegetables from the garden this morning.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Thank you for your visit.

4 comments:

Down by the sea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Down by the sea said...

I love that sunflower what a great name and colour. We used to grow sunflowers when the children were small and we would go out and measure them. Yours look huge!
Have a great weekend. Sorry I had to delete my first comment I hadn't edited it properly!
Sarah x

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Just amazing, people will be stopping to look at your sunflowers when they drive down your street. I can almost taste those fresh veg. Enjoy.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Suzanne said...

How gorgeous your sunflowers look, the picture of them in bud is lovely, I love the yellow and green spikeyness (does that make sense?!). I've never had much success with sunflowers, the slugs and snails like them too much and I have a north facing garden which doesn't help. Hope you are continuing to enjoy your lovely garden XX