"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Mammoth Grey Strip Sunflowers

Here are some photos of the amazing "Mammoth Grey Stripe" sunflowers, seeds by Botanical Interests.
 They look so pretty in the afternoon sun.
 Here is a photo of Hubby and you can get a perspective of hight of these beauties.  Hubby is 5'9" so these are pretty tall.
 They make a great backdrop too.  Trying to get my Mojo back.  Last week we dropped our Daughter back to school and helped her move.  Very hot up there and did not sleep well, but She is settling in her new place and another exciting school year too.  For me, yes that is me, I just received some new seeds from Botanical Interests and I will share them with you soon.

 I measured the flower and it is a bit over 12 inches wide.  Just beautiful and makes me smile.
 Opie is getting his Mojo back too.  He went along with us and he did good on the seven hour drive up and all the running around we did. Such a good boy.  : )
 The "goldy honey bear" sunflower in the afternoon sun.  I'm in love with these.
We are having some hot weather and along with humidity.  Not fun being outside.  Fall is around the corner and I'm think of what I want to grow in the garden and I'm working on some craft projects that I will be sharing those with you real soon.  Thank you for your sweet comments on my Birthday mini album too.

Thanks for your visit and have a beautiful day.


4 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Amazing sunflowers, do the birds try to eat them. The parrots here would have a field day. Hope Danielle enjoys her year ahead. Opie must miss her when she is gone. Have a beautiful day yourself.

Bev.xoxo

Julie said...

What stunning sunflowers!!! Those tall ones are always so amazing!!! Great side bed flower!

Down by the sea said...

What a lovely photo of you and also Opie those beautiful sunflowers must appear giants to him!
Hope your daughter has a good school year, it must feel very quiet without her.
Sarah x

Melony Bradley said...

Bobbie Lynn,

Thanks so much fo sharing these lovely flora. The sunflowers are impressive. Opie is an absolute doll, would love to get to know him through your blog better.

www.mel-designs.typepad.com