"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Paper Flowers and Note Card Sets

Using up most of the two paper pads from K&Company called "Nature".  A Susan Winget design. 
I made these flowers using left over scraps of paper, bottom part of the paper bags and some book pages,  I used the Tim Holtz tattered florals die along with MFT Stamps "die-namics" die called  "pretty posies .  The centers of the flowers I used from my stash half back pearls and rhinestones.  I sprayed using some of my glimmer mists by Tattered Angles. They have great tutorials on their products.  While the flowers were damp I scrunched flowers and dried them using my heat gun.  Unfold them and layered them using a hot glue gun.  I also used my leaf pens on the edges of the petals.

small tags.  You can click on the Photos to get a larger view of them.
Each note card set used one 12" x 12" sheet of decorative paper and kraft card stock for the base. A2 size cards, 4-1/4" by 5-1/2".  All I did was stamped a sentiment and add a simple die cut butterfly to the card, if it needed.  I also made a paper bag to put the note cards in and decorated it with string and a flower.  I also embossed the paper bag first with an embossing folder.

I used a strip a paper to stamp the sentiment on and I ran the papers through a crimper.  Die cut dragonfly, bee and butterfly is a Spellbinders die called "fanciful flight". A Donna-Salazar design.  
Still only using one sheet of decorative  paper.  So many images on one sheet of paper.


On this set, I only had enough for a four set.  I used some stamps from Pinkpaislee collection, "butterfly garden from their 2011 collection.
The rest of the flowers I glued them to some wooden sticks.
These will be shipped off to my Daughter for gifts for her friends.  I hope she will like them.  She dose not know that I did these for her.

P.S.  Thank you for all your sweet comments on my Post on my little  Opie.  Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Petra said...

What a beautiful flowers, I like the colors. Have a nice evening, take care.

Greeting Petra.

Down by the sea said...

Those flowers look fantastic I am always amazed about how you use up all the pieces of paper in such imaginative ways.
Sarah x

Julie said...

Love these flowers!!!! Your daughter will be so surprised!!!!!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful crafting work!!