"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Birthday Card For The End Of Summer



A birthday card that I made for my Daughter. It is a 5 x 7 inch card.  The base of the card is out of kraft card stock.  I used two of the decorative papers from the “Nature” paper pad collection by K&Company.  I cut the red decorative paper a bit smaller and edged the paper using my gold leaf pen and the bird was a portion of the second sheet 12 x 12 inch paper.  I used one of my favorite colors of Stickles, crystal, to give the card some shimmer.  The butterfly and larger daisy like flower are paper punches and the smaller flower is a die.  Edged them using again the gold and copper leaf pens.  Curled the flowers using my embossing tools.  The birthday sentiment was done on the computer.  The lacy edge is a Papertray Ink die. The branch with leaves is a Sizzlits die from Sizzix and dabbed it with the leaf pens.  

I have put most of paper paper crafting away and I’m trying to do some sewing and embroidery.  Not much going on in the garden.  The summer vegetables are now gone except for the bell peppers and eggplant.  I have started some sweet peas and will do more sowing for some fall and spring flowers and vegetables.  Also, trying to keep cool. The end of this summer has been very humid and with rain,  not anything measurable in my area, just enough to keep it humid.  I’ve just finished “Crime and Punishment” by Fyodor Dostoevsky.  A good book but not the summer read book that I wanted to read.  It is a good book for me during the cold months, when I’m not occupied with the garden.  Now it is off to the bookstore and I have my list ready.  

Hope everyone is doing well and thank you for your visit.

Blessings!

2 comments:

Julie said...

This is so elegantly beautiful, Bobbie Lynn!!! She will LOVE it!

I always love to see any embroidery you do as well...so pretty. I saw the tea towels at JoAnns today and thought of you!
xoxo- Julie

Jacqueline said...

This is so gorgeous!