"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Halloween Cards and Fall Gardening

Here are a few cards that I made using some neat papers from Graphic 45 collection called "happy hunting collection", #4500529. These are double sided 12"x12" paper.  I added some glossy accents to the tiny pumpkin background paper.   Used a few of my die cuts, trims and a button from my stash.  


 On the scalloped banner I used yellow stickles to give a bit of shimmer.
 A small card using left over scraps.  I have a bit more paper but I think I will use it for next year.

Also, I want to share with you a project that I can not take credit for.  The framed project below was done my dear friend Ms. "L".  Amazing job she did.

The frame was purchased at Michael's craft store.  The images are large rubber stamps that were stamped on heavy watercolor paper.  She used a good quality watercolor brushes and for her inks,  glimmer mists, distress inks and twinkling H20 inks, shows a videos on how to use the H20.   A technique I have not done but hope to in the future.  There are YouTube videos using these products in a watercolor technique.  



Friday was a beautiful fall day. So happy to see the humid weather gone (hope for the rest of the year). After my morning run, I got into my car, headed out to my local garden center and came back and did some gardening in front of my house.  Added some pansies in the narrow bed next to the porch. Added a pretty red mum (Bonnie red) in a container.  In the planter under the window I added one orange mum (delightful Victoria) and a yellow one (Bethany) at the corner of the bed along with some violas and some pretty paludosum daises.

 The pretty Bonnie red mum.
 Yellow mum with some paludosum daisies and violas.
 I have never planted these sweet little daisies in my garden before.  If they do good I will add more.

I also did some more sowing of Toy Choy and Virginia stock.  I will do some more sowing in a few days of carrots, lettuce and larkspurs.
Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day.  Bye for now.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Beautiful Victorian Halloween cards! i love that look for just about any occasion! your flowers are sweet! love the daisies! i hope they do do well, so you can add lots more!!

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Beautiful cards etc. The little daisies will multiply so well. They are the ones that had a name change a few years back. Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Petra said...

Hello Bobby-Linn what a lovely card's do you have made, I like the halloweencard very much. Have a nice Sunday, greeting Petra.

Down by the sea said...

I love your Halloween cards they are wonderful.
I have also bought pansies and also a red mum! Thanks for your answer on the rose . I must try feeding mine more next year.
Sarah x

Jann said...

Hey girl....LOVE the three stamped framed Halloween prints...I have two of those stamps but LOVE the middle one with the trees and the birds flying around! Wish I could fine that one.......
Happy Monday doll...