"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Monday, November 5, 2012

Christmas Cards for 2012

This weekend I finally finished all my Christmas cards.  The snowflake cards were made using Our Daily Bread Designs stamp and die set called "peace & joy.  The base of the card is white card Stock by Georgia-Pacific. I cut another square using glossy white card stock so I could make a background using the smaller snowflake, "iridescent peacock" embossing powder by Embossing Arts Co. The larger snowflake was die cut twice using Stampendous embossing powder "shabby white" (Fran-tage). It gave the snowflake dies a chunky look. Pop dots were used to give them some dimension.  The dainty lace border die by MFT using Paper Source gold paper. Spellbinder oval die for the sentiment. Used a gold leaf pen on the edges.


 The next four cards I used two sheet from DCWV 12" x 12" paper pad called "The four seasons". I used a framed trifold card that I had in my stash for several years.  Sentiment came from Papertray Ink's "love lives here: Holiday" stamp set.  Their stamps stamp out with nice crispness. Very happy with this set. Used "Xmas red" Stickles around the frame, rosette die and gold leaf pen.

 With the left over scraps I made some simple cards for my Daughter. Using a heart punch and some stitching.  The sentiment also from the "love lives here: Holiday" stamps set.
 A larger heart punch and used the gold leaf pen on the edges of them.
 Used Tim Holtz "on the edge" die called brackets, lacey circles and standard circles (lg) Spellbinders nestabilities dies, stocking die by Papertray Ink from their "love live here: holiday die set and "Christmas blessing" sentiment set also by Papertray Ink. I did use the gold leaf pen here and there.
Some quick cards using some chipboard sentiments that I received in the mail. The papers are from the matstack collection by DCWV called "flower shower spring".

 Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Down by the sea said...

Your Christmas cards are wonderful. I can't pick a favourite! The snow flakes look so effective and I love the sentiments with the heart shaped washing.
You have been inspired me to try and make at least a few home-made cards.
Sarah x

Julie said...

Oh, I love the stitched heart!!! On the one card with the medallion, do you do a die cut and then fan fold it to make it have the accordian effect? These are all so pretty! I know you are glad they are completed, but sad it is over, as well.
Julie

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Gosh those snowflakes are stunning. These cards are certainly heirlooms.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo