"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Monday, January 28, 2013

Cards for The Guys and Garden Update

 First in the Garden:  We are drying out here in Southern California.  Had nice rains starting last Thursday through yesterda. Very happy to welcome the rains.  Before the rains I did feed my roses and the beds along the house with E.B.Stone all purpose food.
 Here are some pretty yellow flowers but this is not what I wanted to see.  The toy choy bolted.  : (
Very tough for me to have a spring vegetable garden.  March will be the time I will start to sow seeds for my summer garden.

Rainy days are perfect for baking and also cards making.  Got together with Ms. "L" and did a few cards for the Guys in my life, brother, friends, brother-in-law and Hubby.  Hubby cards I will not show now but later in the year.  For now here are the others.
 As the base of the card I used craft card stock and the first three cards are A7 size cards (5 x 7). The decorative papers are from DCWV paper pad "The downtown loft".

the first card I used some of the labels by Graphic 45 label sheet called "transatlantique" collection.  All the birthday sentiments in these cards are all computer generated using fonts on the Mac. The banner stamp and other stamp images I used the collection called "soiree" by Pinkpaislee.  I also used black acrylic paint to ink around the cards and die shapes.

Click here for other images of the "soiree" clear stamp collection and other projects by others.  This way you can see the stamp set better too.


I added square brads in the corners.
 This is for a 60th birthday and the paper had letters and numbers and I wanted to used a section of the paper that had just what I needed.  Ms. "L" had a banner die which I could have done on my own but the die was so much quicker.  The crown is a Tim Holtz die. I used a cereal box to cut it out, embossed with an embossing folder, colored it used a copper leaf pen and edged it in black paint.

 I wanted to use the "soiree" stamp set a lot on the cards and here I used some of the sentiments to create a background.  The tricycle guy is a dollar stamp that I purchased at Michael's some time ago. Edged papers using the copper leaf pen. This card and the bottom card are A2 size.
The ballon image is another dollar stamp the rest are from the "soiree" collection. Two square brads at the bottom corner.
Now on to finish my tea towels and gather my supplies for the next round of paper crafting.
Wishing you a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Down by the sea said...

Hi Bobbie,
I love the colour of your pansy. Your cards as always are wonderful, hoew long do they take you to make?
Sarah x

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Such a pretty Pansy, made me smile this morning, thanks. Love the male cards especially the last couple.

Have fun with your new cards and stitching projects planned.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Julie said...

Well, these are lovely bolted toy choi!!! Beautiful cards, Bobby Lynn! You just have an eye for making them! Each one so unique and special!