"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere
" Van Gogh

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Altered Cream Cheese Box



Waiting for my bagel to get toasted,  I looked at the cream cheese and thought "Hum. . . I wonder how this would look if I covered it with some pretty papers?"


I used a couple of 12 x 12 sheet of papers by Pinkpaislee one from their "Sweetness", cover of the box and "London Market" inside of the box.

When the glue was not completely dry I started to mold the shape of the box carefully. When using the Yes paste I used an artist paint spatula to apply a thin coat of paste.  This did help with the warping.  I have seen people use old credit cards or used gift cards.


I edged the box with white acrylic paint "white wash" and Claudine Hellmuth Studio multi-medium to add some collaging on the inside of the box.
I fussy cut some of the birds from the London Market paper and added some Marta Steward crystal coarse glitter.  I used the Studio multi-medium.
I did the collaging before I glue the box together.  When using any of your stamps in your collage remember to use waterproof ink.  I used Archival Ink in jet black.


I used a hot glue gun to glue the box together.

Pink seam binding, tiny paper roses, white trim by Wright and a flower button.


Glue gun was used to adhere the embellishments.

I used two sticky back velcro circles for closure.

I  like how it turned out. It makes a nice box for a small gift or a party favor.  If I make more I would used the cream cheese box as a template.  Tracing it on to heavier card stock (the thickness of the cream cheese box) and cover with decorative papers. It makes for a sturdier box.


Hope you liked my altered project.  Thank you for your visit and have a great day.

4 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn,

Wow Wow Wow, this is so pretty, I will never look at a cream cheese box the same way again.

Happy and Holy Easter to all the family.

Bev.xoxo

Petra said...

Hello Bobbie Lynn, you did a good job, what a beautiful box. I like the colors. Have a nice easter and enjoy the time.
Greetings Petra.

Julie said...

WOWZERS, Bobbie Lynn!!! Amazing results! What a great idea to think to use that! It is just gorgeous!

retdairyqueen said...

Oh I do love the things you make Clever girl and your garden is amazing